Why I Use ChatGPT and AI to Help Create My Blog Posts (And Why That's a Good Thing)

 


If you've spent any time reading about artificial intelligence lately, you've probably seen a lot of debate around it.

Some people believe AI is replacing creativity. Others think it's making people lazy.

I see it differently.

I use ChatGPT and other AI tools as part of my business—and I'm not ashamed to say it.

In fact, I believe using AI responsibly is one of the smartest business decisions a small business owner can make.

AI Doesn't Replace Me—It Supports Me

Every blog post you read on this website starts with an idea, a lesson, or an experience that comes from me.

The thoughts are mine.

The stories are mine.

The advice is based on my own knowledge, qualifications, professional experience, and the work I do with clients.

AI simply helps me turn those ideas into well-structured, engaging articles that are easier to read.

Think of it like having a digital writing assistant.

It helps organise my thoughts, improve grammar, suggest headings, and make sure I'm communicating clearly—but it doesn't replace my expertise.

Why I Chose to Use AI

As a Virtual Assistant, I'm passionate about helping businesses work smarter.

That's exactly what AI allows me to do.

Instead of spending six hours writing a blog post from scratch, I can spend two hours creating something even better.

The time I save means I can focus on:

  • Supporting my clients

  • Growing my business

  • Spending time with my family

  • Learning new skills

  • Creating more helpful content

Working efficiently isn't cutting corners.

It's using the right tools.

Every Article Is Reviewed by Me

One misconception about AI is that people simply press a button and publish whatever appears.

That's not how I work.

Every article published on Best You VA is:

  • Planned by me

  • Edited by me

  • Fact-checked by me

  • Rewritten where needed

  • Published only after I'm happy it reflects my voice and values

AI gives me a first draft.

I make it mine.

Sometimes that means changing half the article.

Sometimes it's just tweaking the wording.

Either way, nothing is published without my approval.

AI Helps Small Businesses Compete

Large companies often have dedicated marketing teams, copywriters, designers, and social media managers.

Small businesses usually have... themselves. Just one person. Usually with limited experience on certain aspects of that side. I sure don't have the knowledge base of someone with a degree in Marketing or Social Media Management. 

When you're wearing every hat in your business, time quickly becomes your most valuable resource.

AI levels the playing field.

It allows solo business owners to create professional-looking content, improve customer communication, brainstorm ideas, and stay consistent with marketing.

That doesn't make their business less authentic.

It makes them more efficient.

I Also Use AI to Create Images

You may notice that many of the images on my website and social media are AI-generated.

Again, this is intentional.

Instead of spending hundreds of euros on stock photography or waiting weeks for custom graphics, AI allows me to create unique images that match the message I'm sharing.

Whether it's a blog cover image, a social media graphic, or promotional artwork, AI helps bring ideas to life quickly and professionally.

The important part is that the image supports the message—it doesn't replace it.

AI Is a Tool—Not a Replacement

People often ask whether AI will replace Virtual Assistants.

My answer?

Not good ones.

Technology has always changed the way we work.

Email didn't replace assistants.

Calendars didn't replace assistants.

Accounting software didn't replace bookkeepers.

AI won't replace skilled professionals either.

Instead, it allows us to deliver better work, faster.

Knowing how to use AI effectively is becoming a valuable skill in itself.

Transparency Matters

I believe in being honest with my clients and my readers.

That's why I'm happy to say that I use AI.

Not because I can't write.

Not because I don't have ideas.

But because I believe in working smarter wherever possible.

As someone with years of experience in administration, customer service, business support, and content creation, I understand that the best results come from combining human expertise with modern technology. That's the same practical, efficient approach I bring to my Virtual Assistant services every day.

The Human Element Will Always Matter

AI can help write words.

It can't build trust.

It can't understand your business goals.

It can't develop genuine relationships with clients.

It can't replace empathy, experience, judgement, or creativity.

Those are human qualities.

The future isn't humans versus AI.

It's humans using AI well.

And that's exactly how I choose to work.

Final Thoughts

If you're a business owner who's been hesitant about using AI, I'd encourage you to look at it differently.

Used responsibly, AI isn't cheating.

It's not taking shortcuts.

It's another business tool—just like accounting software, scheduling apps, or project management systems.

The magic isn't in the software.

It's in the person using it.

At Best You VA, I'll continue embracing technology that helps me provide better support, create valuable content, and work more efficiently—while ensuring every piece of work still carries the personal touch, care, and professionalism my clients deserve.


All the Best, 

Shauna. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Welcoming Guests to Building a Life That Works

Stop Talking About It. Start Doing It.

From Front Desk to Virtual Desk: Why I Started My Own Business